Barcelo Maya beach resort

Looking for the best value in an all inclusive for a family of 4 with 2 teenage sons, 17 and 19, near ruins, This looks like a great place. Would love some feedback. Also is it better to book tours on line with vacation or cheaper to get them there.

Replies

I booked a 7 day All inclusive at Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa through Internet for 2. It came out to less than $2,000.00. I have read that we can see the ruins from the the beach...the Tulum ruins

I booked 7 day through worry free vacation for less than $2000 for 2. I´ll be there mid june.

Beach full of rocks? Not a good thing...were you able to find any other good nearby beaches close to the resort, we´ll be there mid june also.

Visited Barcelo Maya last October (2005). Absolute paradise. Wonderful buffets with theme nights, Spanish, Mexican, steak restaurants as well. Stay in building one or two; they open right onto pool, short walk to beach and you won´t hear the pounding disco noise that stays open late near Bldgs 3 and 4. Snack bars right on beach, pool bars, unlimited drinks and food, amazingly friendly staff and service... Collectivos to play del carmen or rent a car in the lobby. Right near lots of cenotes for snorkeling or diving. Walked across road from resort into jungle to visit cenote. Zgot followed by frirndly monkeyd that ate from our hands. No one, including 4 year old got sick from water; it´s filtered in resort. I dream of going back all the time. I still miss it. Truly paradise.

We have visited barcelo for 4 of last 5 years. We missed last year because of the storm. Obviously we love it.

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.