Puerto Aventuras?

Going in march. Any suggestionson what to do or go to eat. trav w/ 3 kids 9,7,5 all are good snorklers. not a fan of crowded touristy places.

Replies

I´m at the OMNI P A hotel for the next 7 days. The beach is not too crowded and the snorkeling is fine. I´ve no idea how crowded it will be in March, but I would think Spring break will be busy everywhere. There are lots of rocks going into the water so I suggest you bring water shoes. There are several places to eat, most of the locals speak English very well. This is a developed area of shops and restaurants with a Dolphin Arena. The Dolphin swim is very popular here with many tourists, but bring lots of money if you are planning this tour. You can watch other people have the dolphin experience for no cost at all. Food is rather pricey, $10 Hamburger plate. Great mexican food. Scuba diving schools are plentiful. Playa del Carmen is 10 miles away if you wished to stock up on sodas and snacks. There is a Walmart there also. I suggest you rent a car go to Akumel (5 miles)for a day to swim in the Yal-Ku lagoon--an unspoiled cenote. The beach in Akumel is much less touristy. There is a beachside restaurant/cabana excellent food and service and much cheaper. Snorkeling a cenote is an experience you and your family will enjoy very much.

Thanks for the info. we are renting a car.

My extended family of 20 will be staying at Viva Wyndham Azteca Nov. 22-26. Many "young adults" aged 21-31. Any ideas of tours for them? Am thinking the jungle tour would be fun.

The jungle tour in a 4x4 is awesome. Ask your hotel for information. Xel-Ha is also a great snorkling place!

XEL-HA IS GREAT. YOU CAN SPEND A WHOLE DAY THERE. GO WITH THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE SO YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK THROUGHOUT THE DAY. I'VE BEEN THERE ONCE AND WOULD GO AGAIN.

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.