Anyone stayed at El Dorado Royal lately?

Wondering if anyone has any comments on the El Dorado Royale since Wilma? We are going Dec 06, any info would be appreciated..

Replies

The hotel is better than ever with more casitas righ infront of the beach, new restaurants and pools, you will be amazed to see how beautiful it is.

Thanks! We´re read a lot of negetive on other sites. Guess there is no pleasing some people!

We were there in January of 06 and the place looked pretty good to me. The only thing I noticed was that the tops of the palm trees were as full as in the past. Rooms, pools, restaurants and bars were ok except the Presidential Suites which they were redoing. I would think these would be completed by now.

Just got back from the El Dorado Royale June 17. Spent 2 weeks there. Fantastic! Got a tour of the Presidential Suites! Ooolala! They are gorgeous. But I´ll never stay in them. The new restaurant Fuentes hadn´t opened yet, but was very close. Be flexible. I´d go back in a heartbeat. Stayed in the 700 building. Food was good. But it´s not McDonald´s. Linger over it. Enjoy the company you´re with.

WE WENT FOR OUR HONEYMOON 3 YEARS AGO AND I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK.I JUDGE ALL MY HOLIDAYS BY THAT NOW AND NOTHING COMPERS TO IT. ENJOY!!!

Hi Has anyone one been of late sounds great booked into casita suites for valentines period 07 cant wait wife will be thrilled Im sure sounds great

Does anyone have an opinion between the Royal Cancun and the El Dorando Royale Resort?

My wife and I honeymooned at El Dorado Royale in 2002 and are going back in September this year for our 5 year anniversary. It was AWESOME...no kids running around...its adults ONLY! Very Classy place with great food and rooms.

My husband and I have been to Mexico twice and stayed at the same place, Fiesta American Condesa. We are looking for something more private - no kids. Any latest comments on the Jr. Suites?

I have been to eight different hotels in this area and this was my LEAST favorite.Food is great but long waits to get in resurants no resurvations you que or take a pager normally 1 hour.Junior suits ok but if your on ground floor sea front you can't see the sea and you are at the mercy of rooms above as noise from jacuzzi emptying ect wakes you up 2.30 am 3 nights in a row in our case.The beach is poor with red flags not taken down at all. They have installed giant sand bags 50 ft off beach to stop erosion this means it is only waist deep and a bit of an eye sore.To sum it up ok but not 5 star and there are better hotels near by.One other thing is the sun bed race in the moring means an early start or you will be bed less but thats the guest's fault.

The only thing I wish they would change is to be clothing optional, otherwise great.

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.