Hotel room for family of 5

My wife and i, along with our 3 children (ages 13, 10, 7) need a hotel room in Cancun for 2 nights in April. When I try to book online, all say maximum 4 persons per room. Does anyone know how strictly this is enforced. Do I really have to book 2 rooms or will I be able to put everyone in one room. First time in Cancun--not sure about hotel policies. In US, we stay 5 to a room all the time. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Replies

I have had same problem. are you willing to go further south. are you just pass´n through to another city?

The problem is not that much 3 children. There are plenty of places available that fit a family of three. The problem is that you oldest child is older than 12. Most of the hotels count a child older than 12 as adult. Mostly Junior suites will fit three adults and two children.

My Husband and I are going to Riveria Maya in May with our 3 kids. But my kids are 24, 22 and 16. We are staying at the Mayan Palace which is a condo/timeshare which we got from the Vacations club. You could look under timeshares or Mayan palace and see if they have anything available. The place is beautiful but you´re about 30 minutes from the main strip. Have fun! you will love Cancun. You need to go to Xel Yua. It a big lagoon where you can snorkel. It´s awesome.

I´m curious....how was your vacation, and did you find a hotel to accommodate your family of 5?

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.