Cellular Phones

Do cel phones work in Cancun?

Replies

ATT/Cing should have international calling activated

Does T-Mobile work in Mexico City? do I need to activate roaming or something? help! . hehheh

T-Mobile will cost you $1.50 USD per minute if you get it to work.

Can any one tell me if the Trac phone works in Cancun?

i have a net 10 phone who uses SPRINT as their carrier. I live in austin,tx and was able to call nuevo laredo, tamalipas, mexico. Now in some points i was not able to call the net 10 phone in Mexico but we were able to communicate with each other by text messaging. House phone and another net 10 phone and pocket phone was used to test the net 10 phones in mexico. net 10 phones used were model Nokia 1100 and model Nokia 1600 and Model Motorola v171. only was charged both incoming and outgoing 10 cents per minute..... When I called their customer service line to ask they said it would not work but it did work. When i called again to update their info the new customer service person said that their phones should work in the countries listed in their site to call into usa and to recieve from usa but at a charge of 15 cents per minute. Mexico was only 10 cents for my test

Earlier in the posts someone mentioned a Spanish recording when they tried to call out from their cell phone in Mexico. I had the same experience last year and I'm going back again on Wednesday and am afraid of it happening again! What does the recording say?

2007-12-4 I went to Cancun in March of 2006. I had international activated on my Cingular wireless. I was told to dial +1 area code and phone number to call the US. All I got was a Spanish recording. I don't speak Spanish. I didn't get any of my incoming calls or texts. Cingular assured me that I should have gotten my calls. I'm going to Cancun again in a week. Cingular assures me that I won't have a repeat of the same problem. We will see. I have a bad feeling.

Will my home phone work in Mexico?

all phones work in mexico if you get international calling.watch ur time 75 cents per min. If u can have people call u at a certain time its cheaper that way

Does verizon blackberry service work in cancun - moon palace ? what about incoming calls from the US?

Does Verizon Wireless work currently in Mazatlan, mexico? I added international calling to my phone and I was there in August but it did not work. Just checking to see if anyone has had success. I called Verizon and they said they have towers in all of Mexico but cannot guarantee service will work in a specific city.

Does Verizon Wireless work currently in Mazatlan, mexico? I added international calling to my phone and I was there in August but it did not work. Just checking to see if anyone has had success. I called Verizon and they said they have towers in all of Mexico but cannot guarantee service will work in a specific city.

service is through a third party their is no guarantee you need too add international dial with customer service before you go and you have to dial the mexican country code 001 the the persons area code

Thank you for your post about Mexitel Celluar for Mexico cell phones. We tried them and it worked really well (and cheap too!).

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.