Cellular Phones

Do cel phones work in Cancun?

Replies

For Mazatlan: Sprint Customer Care (*2 on your cell or 817-698-4199) had to set up my cell for international roaming. No charge for the setup, but the phone calls are 99 cents per minute to make or receive calls while in Mexico. They will talk you through the easy setup and download to your phone to add this capability. Roaming on your phone has to be set to automatic. To dial US from Mexico, you need to enter 001, then the area code and phone number. I hope the Sprint service works there as they said it would! Since the calls are so pricey, I´ll probably turn on the user lock during the trip in case the phone gets lost or stolen or abused by other american turists.

Follow up to my 12-15-06 post re Mazatlan: did everything Sprint said to do, and I did get a connection while in Mazatlan. However, when I placed a call to check my voice mail, a recording came on in Spanish which basically said the service was not available. Bottom Line: Sprint LD does NOT work in Mazatlan (even from a premium beachfront hotel). Bummers.

does any body know if sprint works in mexico

Verizon inbound and outbound calls worked in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.

Has anyone used a T-Mobile cell from the Playa del Carmen area recently? And, has anyone used the Telmex Traveler Phone Card with success?

2007-01-25 "Verizon inbound and outbound calls worked in Cancun & Playa del Carmen" At what cost and did you have to have something added to it; was there a plus plus I'm hearing about on here? Donna

Do sidekicks work in cancun

My prepaid T-Mobil from the USA works in Canada. It also works in the Caribbean. Mt Rogers phone works in any part of the world; all received test message is also free on Rogers

My prepaid T-Mobil from the USA works in Canada. It also works in the Caribbean. Mt Rogers phone works in any part of the world; all received test message is also free on Rogers

Hi .. does verizon blackberry work in cancan - with the data stream? thank you.

U CAN GET IN CUM'N CALLS WIT VERIZON / U CANT CALL OUT BUT BE CAREFULL CUZ DA BILL WILL BE A MONSTER /ITS CHEAPER TO GET A CALLIN CARD

We are going to Moon Place Feb 2007 can we use our Nextel two way? This is just south of Cancun .What is the alternative?

Moon Palace! are u sure u wanna stay there dont get me wrong its a nice spot but it's far from everything and jus fyi the bus dont go that far after 9pm so u gotta take a cab and they prob jack da price up but to answer yo ? yeah u can use Nextel 2way (xxx)

will my Cingular Blackberry work in playa del carmen? extra cost or roaming charges? no international plan

Does anyone know if Suncom works

Just got back from Cancun... no prob w/ Tmobile worked great!!!

verizon does not work if you are to call another cell phone in cancun and u can't text to another cel either. I am talking about calling a mexican cel phone...it so doesn't work although you can call a landline phone in cancun.

I have a verizon blackberry, will it work in cancun. calls, email, etc.....

Just talked to Verizon. It is 69 Cent per min plus Roaming fees and after July 1 it will go up to 99 cent per min.

IF YOU HAVE AN AT&T PHONE IT WILL WORK ANYWHERE IN MEXICO. BUT IT WILL DISPLAY "TELCEL" INSTEAD OF AT&T WIRELESS.

Remember: No phone numbers, no email addresses and no website urls.